Learn more about the PROOF Centre's programs in cardiac transplantation at this year's Banff-CST Joint Scientific Meeting. Drs. Bruce McManus and Scott Tebbutt will be presenting during the event.
Wednesday, October 7, 4:30-5:00 p.m.
Leukocyte Transcripts as Biomarkers in Cardiac Transplantation
Dr. Scott Tebbutt, CSO, PROOF Centre of Excellence
Session: Banff Heart Concurrent I & II: Improving Heart Transplant Rejection Diagnostic System: Unmet Needs, Current Limitations, New Implementations and Future Directions
Friday October 9, 2015, 9:00-9:30 a.m.
Biomarkers for Monitoring Cardiac Allograft Rejection: Ready for Prime Time?
Dr. Bruce McManus, CEO, PROOF Centre of Excellence
Session: CST Heart Concurrent Session
The meeting is co-hosted by the Canadian Society of Transplantation and The Banff Foundation for Allograft Pathology and is held in Vancouver, BC from October 5 to 10, 2015.
On September 27-30, Vancouver will host the 14th Human Proteome Organization World Congress (HUPO 2015). This year’s theme is ‘Translating Proteomics and Allied -Omics to the Clinic,’ emphasizes the need for collaboration and cooperation of individuals from a wide range of professional backgrounds
If you are attending the meeting, come by and visit the PROOF Centre table (booth 416) in the exhibit hall.
You can also catch more PROOF Centre members and talks throughout the meeting:
- Drs. Bruce McManus and Mari DeMarco co-organized and are participating in Clinical Day, which takes place on Sunday, September 27.
- Dr. McManus will also be speaking on Tuesday, September 29 in the New Advances in Biomarker Discovery Session. His talk title is Multi-Omic Signatures for Monitoring Patients with Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy.
PROOF Centre will also have two posters at the meeting:
- A Component-Based Classifier Can Diagnose AECOPD by Integrating Across Omics Data Types
Casey P. Shannon, Amrit Singh, Virginia Chen, Zsuzsanna Hollander, Robert Balshaw, Bruce M. McManus, J. Mark FitzGerald, Don D. Sin, Raymond T. Ng, Scott J. Tebbutt
- MRM-Based Proteins Diagnostic of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Exacerbations
Zsuzsanna Hollander, Janice M Leung, Virginia Chen, Scott J Tebbutt1, Shawn D Aaron, Kathy L Vandemheen, Stephen I Rennard, Prescott G Woodruff, Stephen C Lazarus, John E Connett, Harvey O Coxson, Christoph H Borchers, Bruce M McManus, Raymond T Ng, Don D Sin
Amrit Singh, Young Woong Kim and Yolanda Yang will also be presenting findings from the asthma and allergy programs.
The Human Proteome Organization (HUPO) is an international scientific organization representing and promoting proteomics through international cooperation and collaborations by fostering the development of new technologies, techniques and training.
We hope we'll see you there!
Personalized Medicine Summit
June 7-9, 2015
Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia
We're thrilled to be a partner in the Personalized Medicine Summit, bringing together global leaders from academia, healthcare, industry and government to discuss advances in personalized molecularly-based medicine. The aim of this summit is to delineate a pathway for the implementation of personalized medicine approaches into healthcare in British Columbia.
Don't miss the opportunity to be part of this conversation!
The PROOF Centre will present four posters at the summit:
- A Statistical Model to Predict the Cellular Composition of Peripheral Whole Blood Samples from Affymetrix Gene ST 1.1 Expression Data (Casey Shannon)
- Harnessing an “Omics” Pipeline to Produce High Value Blood Tests (Karen Lam)
- Uncovering Cell-specific Markers of Acute Kidney Allograft Rejection by Two-Stage, in Silico Deconvolution of the Lymphocyte Compartment of Peripheral Whole Blood (Casey Shannon)
- Discovery of Novel Plasma Protein Biomarkers to Diagnose Acute COPD Exacerbations (Zsuzsanna Hollander)
Be sure to follow the hashtag #PMSUMMIT2015 to keep up with the conversation.
We hope to see you there!